Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, less than a week away. Maybe you’re completely organised and you’ve already planned something really special to celebrate the day. No? Then we’ve got some romantic ideas to help you.
Single? There’s no need to feel left out or down in the dumps. You’re strong, independent and fabulous! Organise a girls night out, have an at-home spa evening or curl up with your favourite movie or book and remember that no one can love you if you don’t love yourself!
If you love your other half and want to surprise him/her, but you’re not sure what to do, keep on reading!
- Romantic Dinner – Too predictable I hear you shout? Yes, on Valentine’s Day almost every couple has a romantic dinner, it’s true, but do you know why? It’s simple…and that’s not a bad thing. Whether you book a restaurant or cook a meal yourself you can’t go wrong with a lovely romantic dinner (as long as you can cook of course). To add a little individuality to this occasion you must make an effort. Dress to impress (your partner), cook their favourite meal or book the restaurant where you had your first date. Your partner will love spending some one-on-one time with you.
- Dancing – It’s said that music is the food of love so what better way to spend Valentine’s than dancing the night away with the one you love. If you want to add some heat to the evening why not try Salsa Dancing? It’s a fun and spicy way of bringing you together.
- Picnic Beneath the Stars – Depending on the weather where you live this may not be an option, but if it is, how romantic is a picnic on the grass while gazing up at the night sky?
- Movie Night – If you can’t go out on Valentine’s snuggle up together on the sofa for a movie night. It’s a great excuse to turn the lights down low, cuddle up close and who knows what might happen?
- Plan a Romantic Trip – Whether for the day or the weekend you could really push the boat out and surprise your loved one with a romantic trip. You can choose from a variety of destinations including; a spa retreat, a secluded vineyard experience, visit the capital of romance – Paris or even discover the heart of the ocean on a romantic cruise.
Our tip for success is simply this – remember your partner. Valentine’s Day is all about couples and should celebrate the love that you both have for each other, so don’t forget your partner when choosing what to do. You should ensure that both of you will enjoy whatever you have planned and where possible try to include personal elements to the day/evening. This could be playing your song during dinner, watching a movie you both love or simply telling your partner why you love them so much.
Lastly, if you’re still struggling to find a gift for the special lady in your life be sure to visit the FabDivas store where we have a variety of fabulous jewellery with up to 20% off this Valentine’s.