Let’s face it, whilst makeup brushes help to enhance our beauty, they’re the perfect environment for germs and bacteria to breed which, if left, can quickly start to cause problems.
It might seem like a daunting task but cleaning your makeup brushes doesn’t need to be a chore. Here are our top tips to get it done quickly:
- Fill your kitchen sink with clean, warm water.
- Thoroughly wet your brushes and your clean sponge/silicone glove (or whatever else you’re using to clean your brushes).
- Add soap. You can use liquid dish soap or a liquid soap of your preference.
- Rub your makeup brush against your sponge or glove, making sure to get in between all of the bristles.
- Once cleaned, rinse all of the soap from your brushes and place in the drainer.
- Repeat with all of your makeup brushes.
- Then squeeze any excess water from your brushes and reshape if needed.
- Finally, transfer your brushes to a microfibre towel and allow them to air dry for a few hours.
There you have it. The washing process should take around 5-10 minutes depending on the number of brushes you have, leaving you free to check the FabDivas blog for your next makeup tip!