Did you know that the appearance of your skin can be deceiving? Whilst you might have given your skin a label be it dry, oily or combination, that might not be the case.
Some skin types are dry. Others are simply lacking a little moisture. Here’s our guide to identifying whether you have dry or dehydrated skin and how to combat it.
Dry skin is a common occurrence for a lot of people. Whilst your skin won’t appear shiny, it can sometimes be dull and will often seem patchy and more lined than those who have oilier skin types.
Combat dry skin with these top tips:
- Use a nourishing cream and apply it every time you cleanse/shower/wakeup.
- Exfoliate regularly to eradicate old skin cells.
- Apply a hydrator after cleansing to lock in moisture.
- Top up regularly throughout the day with a nourishing facial spritz.
Dehydrated skin is a bit confusing because it can still produce oil but it’s lacking in moisture which means that certain sections of your face can be dry and flaky whilst also having shiny patches and being prone to breakouts. I know, right? It sounds like a total nightmare.
But not to fear, here’s how you can help restore the balance:
- Choose a sulphate-free balancing cleanser that doesn’t need you to dry it.
- Don’t exfoliate too often.
- Drink plenty of water.
Use a hydrator that contains glycerin to help retain moisture without exaggerating oiliness.